Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gratitude for learning....

A situation presented itself at my school and I knew what to do and how to handle it because of what I have learned from each of you. All I could think about on the bus ride home was how grateful I am for having had you be a part of my life. So I am writing to you to thank you for all that you have taught me about compassion and love and accepting people where they are. Even those times when I fucked it up, you showed me acceptance and taught me more than you can know. I am very grateful for having the opportunity to know you and to have played a small role in your life journey. Trusting me took courage, and in that trust, you taught me what it really means to be courageous and to look fear in the face. It also taught me how important it is to keep that trust sacred and how to be compassionate and empathetic without judgment. Mostly, you allowed me to grow and learn about me through you, and for that I will forever be grateful.

Love and hugs
Patty

No comments: