Monday, January 24, 2011

today....

Just before Christmas my God Mother died... Germaine... I loved her so much... I had spent 20 or so hours making a scrapbook for her the week end before... the day I found out was the day I was going to give it to her... her family said that it was a grand tribute that I will always have to remember her by... they said she would have loved it... I look at it often and they are right... I do love it!

But Germaine's death left a sour taste in my mouth for the whole festive that I tired to shake off with everything from wine to laughter... but it was all fake, looking from the outside you would not have known... and the Oscar goes too... really!

And today I am getting ready to go to another wake.. this time for a neighbour, Phil Percy, who was my son's best friend's dad... only 52, taken by cancer... and it reminds me of how fleeting life is... how soon it can end.... and how important it is to live each day to the fullest, leave no stone unturned and say what you mean and mean what you say... Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I taught Level 1 Reiki this past week end and it was amazing... I am thankful each and every day for the ability to share my learning with others... I am grateful... I am gratitude... and darling Leanne gifted me the most amazing painting of chakra's that I have ever seen... it is filled with movement and message.... I love it.

And I know that Germaine and Phil are in that place where someday I will be ready to return.. that they are singing with the angels and that makes this and everyday OK.

No comments: